Friday, May 13, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, This Ain't No Rodeo and many more.

Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com


Dancing With The Serpents

I feel
I am swallowed
Devoured whole
Eaten alive
In mere minutes
By these shadows
Haunting me
Crawling all over me
Greedy
Constantly needy
Nasty
Relentless

They take and take
Yet never give
No matter how good to them I am
These human monsters
Feed on my despair
My tears
Their sweetest drink
Just like the taste of wine
And as of yet
I have been helpless
To find any escape

Compromise
Tried and failed
Now I am jaded
Unwilling to believe
In the goodness of the next
For far too long now
I have been
Lost and never found
Dancing in the coils
Of these serpents
All around me

2016 Ramona Thompson



No comments:

Post a Comment