Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Logan Gilley- Three Poems


Even Though

Love me even though
my world is quaking.
Find me stable
even when the earth
crumbles beneath us.
We are the solid ones
in a world of liquid, we
swim restless against
the current of thought.

 
Little Bits

Little Bits, a tiny man
in a bright tuxedo, watches
me from the carpet.
He is my imagination
come real, a gentleman
to accompany my woes,
speaking words to supply
my quiet moments with
infusion of wit.

 
Ye Gods

How the gods must be 
crazy, I think when boarding
the plane, when considering
the parchment land beneath
my window.
How they must have scattered
lots to win this world.
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Feeling a restless fascination with imagination
    with a fine narrative line that is satirical and clever
    yet half-humorous realizing our vulnerability but never
    didactic for a critic.

    ReplyDelete