Friday, February 5, 2016

Richard Schnap- A Poem


RECESSIONALS

When my father passed away
We had bagpipes at his graveside
So his leaving was accompanied
By the music that he loved

When my mother passed away
During the 4th of July fireworks
Their thunder seemed appropriate
For the words she could not speak

When my sister passed away
The gathered congregation
Sang songs of celebration
For the creatures she held dear

And when the pale rider
Arrives to guide me homeward
Let the wind become my anthem
For it knows me most of all

1 comment:

  1. Death is a mystery to all of us. We all have experienced the death of a loved one. Our own
    mortality is upon us. I think, for me, life was about
    the loving the people nearest and dearest to me.
    I lived a full life.

    May God Bless

    ReplyDelete