Saturday, February 6, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem


Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include How To Trick The Devil, Howl, Inner Fears, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes and many more.

Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com



My Venomous Valentine

Wrap yourself around me
Like an overeager snake
You want all that is his alone
Call me a whore
When I reject you
Cause you'll never
Man enough
To take his place
In my heart

Think you're so fine
Can't get it
I'm not into the sleazy kind
I prefer my man
A gentleman
No ghetto in him
He's all about
Love and respect
No jealousy
No control
He stays put
In his place

You on the other hand
Speak with a wicked and forked tongue
Cheap thrill seeker
You love 'em and leave 'em
Got no self control
You're a sex addict
S.T.D. carrier
I'll gladly pass on
Spending time with

Gonna find yourself
Lonely again this year
It's a pity really
You could have been
So much more
If only a true lady
You had learned to care for
Now I'm long gone
And you're still you
A pitiful reflection cast
In life's empty mirror
My poor, sad, venomous Valentine
So glad you're not mine

2016 Ramona Thompson

 

2 comments: