Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ramona Thompson- A Poem

Ramona Thompson has been writing for more then 20 years. Her past credits include How To Trick The Devil, Howl, Inner Fears, Blood Moon Rising, Infernal Ink, Calvary Cross, Dead Snakes and many more.
 
Readers/fans may stalk her on facebook or her e-mail reddstar111@gmail.com
 
 
A Silver Snake In The Moonlight
 
Dare I to trust
What my heart feels
Is he man or serpent?
Lover or friend?
I'm not so sure
Where his true heart lays
And that is what scares me
That my joy is only
One more foolish and love sick woman's delusion

He claims
To love me true
Faithful to me only
His kisses say
Yet in the back of my mind
There is a dark whisper
All may not be
As wonderful as it seems
I fear
I'm about to to risk too much
This close to maybe
Losing it all

My head is in the clouds
My heart is in a bind
I know not where to turn
Or who to trust
So much is still unknown
Everyday
I fall deeper
Under his spell
I grow that much closer
Charmed
Alarmed

He's a silver snake in the moonlight
Or is he?
Am I not trusting enough?
Or too much?
My heart's desire seems
Ripe to fall
Into the palm of my hand
Dare I dare to grab that brass ring?
Or let it go?
In a flood of panic
Helpless to resist
The pull of his love

2016 Ramona Thompson

2 comments:

  1. Excellent articulate relationship poem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much B.Z. Thank God the man in my life far from the fiction of the poem, lol

      Delete