Sunday, July 13, 2014

Jens Nicholas Jebsen- A Poem


Song For A Divorce

You used to take my breath away,
With your eyes like little green fires;
But now and again when you look my way
I see two funeral pyres
 
You used to make my blood run hot,
When you walked into a room;
But now your touch feels like a plot
To facilitate my doom

I used to show up in your dreams, 
Wearing nothing but my skin;
But now I appear in your harebrained schemes
As you plot to do me in

If I could do it all again,
I'm not so sure I would;
But you'll always be my perfect ten
I'll miss you more than I should.
 
 
 
Jens Nicholas Jebsen lives in Los Angeles. His work explores dissidence, mental illness, prescription drug use, and the gnarly things that go down in L.A public high schools.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment